The Louisiana Book Festival is a celebration of readers, writers, and their books that is free and open to the public! It is a wonderful opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their products and services to thousands of book lovers.
Please note! Authors who participate as exhibitors are distinct from those who are invited to participate in the festival as featured authors. If you register as an exhibitor, your location and listing will be in the exhibitor section of the website and program. For selection criteria for featured authors, please refer to the Selection Criteria page.
For a list of exhibitors who are registered for the Louisiana Book Festival, go to the Attending Exhibitors page of this website.
If you're interested in participating as an exhibitor at this year's festival, please see Exhibitor Registration below.
Interested in advertising?
For those of you interested in placing an ad in our beautiful online and printed Louisiana Book Festival program, ad rate information is available!
To purchase a full page or half page interior ad, please choose the appropriate item from our online shop. SPACE IS LIMITED! The online order will show "Store pickup" for your purchase, but you don't have to pick anything up! Please note that we must have your ad as a PDF no later than October 10, 2022.
Email the Exhibits Coordinator with any questions.
Interested in exhibiting?
The exhibitor spaces showcase authors, booksellers, publishers, scholarly programs, and other literary-related businesses and organizations.
If you are interested in receiving information about participating in the festival or being added to the exhibitor mailing list, please email the Exhibits Coordinator.
Exhibitor Spaces & Pricing
Booth spaces are 10'x10' pipe-and-drape spaces located within exhibitor tents on N. 4th Street between the State Library of Louisiana and the Capitol Park Museum. Booth packages include one eight-foot draped table, two chairs, a sign, and a wastepaper bin. Discounted rates are available for nonprofit organizations with proof of nonprofit status (501(C)3 status certificate). Past pricing for booth spaces ranged from $400-450, depending on registration period.
Minibooth spaces are 8'x6' pipe-and-drape spaces located within exhibitor tents on N. 4th Street between the State Library of Louisiana and the Capitol Park Museum. Minibooth packages include one six-foot draped table, two chairs, a sign, and a wastepaper bin. Past pricing for minibooth spaces ranged from $275-325, depending on registration period.
Exhibitors' Row spaces are external tables located along the west walkway between Spanish Town Road and the State Capitol. Exhibitors' Row packages include one six-foot draped table, two chairs, a sign, and a wastepaper bin. Past pricing for Exhibitors' Row spaces ranged from $100-150, depending on registration period.
|Registration Period||Dates||Exhibitors' Row||Minibooth||Nonprofit Booth||Booth|
|Early Registration||July 5 - 17||$100||$275||$350||$400|
|Standard Registration||July 18 - September 25||$125||$300||$375||$425|
|Late Registration||September 26 - October 9||$150||$325||$400||$450|
Please note! By registering you are agreeing to all of our Terms and Conditions.
The online order will show "Store pickup" for your registration, but you don't have to pick anything up! It will all be set up and ready for you the morning of the festival.
Exhibitors' Row Package Registration Form
Booth and Nonprofit Booth Packages Registration Form
Please note that Minibooth spaces are sold out!
Completed registration form and payment must be RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED WITHIN THE STATED TIME PERIOD in order to receive the corresponding price for that registration period. No registrations will be accepted after October 9.
Louisiana Sales Tax
Exhibitors who will be selling items need to register for a free Louisiana sales tax account number, even if you are from out of state. You may apply for an account number online, or you can download the paper form. More information can be found at the Louisiana Department of Revenue website. Please direct questions to the contact given on that page; I cannot answer questions about their process, requirements, or how to apply for an account number!
FAQWhen do I need to be there?
- Registration is from 7-9am and exhibitor operating hours are 9am-4pm.
- Exhibitors agree to occupy their spaces for the full day of the festival, until 4pm.
- We estimate attendance to be around 20,000.
- For the sign that we provide, you should put your name and/or the name of your book or business. Keep in mind the size is limited, so the more words you add, the smaller the font will be.
- You can bring your own sign as long as it fits within the footprint of your space.
- Show up to the registration tent as directed in email.
- You can pull in close to the registration tent (if the space isn't full of vehicles already).
- Unload and move your vehicle as quickly as possible.
- We provide some dollies to transport items but they are in constant use so if you have a small one, consider bringing it.
- Be sure to check in to receive your registration packet and make sure we know you're here!
- Casual but neat
- No inappropriate slogans or logos (as determined by the Louisiana Book Festival)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Dress in layers (it tends to be cold in the morning then warms up as the day progresses)
- Sunglasses and possibly sunscreen and a hat in case you are seated in a sunny spot
- Lots of energy!
- A cell phone
- Phone numbers of all staff or volunteers working your space
- A tablet or calculator to calculate sales
- Change for cash sales
- A sufficient amount of your work to sell
- A camera to take pictures of your space for your newsletter/Facebook post/Instagram/mom
- An umbrella or shade is allowed as long as it does not penetrate the ground or extend into the walkway
- DO NOT bring a pop-up or canopy tent
Your exhibit space is an invitation to festival-goers to view your work, ask questions, and, hopefully, decide to buy! It’s also an opportunity to create a relationship with interested people. Think of it as your own little shop.
- Smile and show enthusiasm for your work!
- Arrange your materials in the most appealing way possible.
- Put up a neat and easy-to-read poster or display to show more about you and your work.
- Make sure any displays you bring fit within your allotted space.
- Greet each guest with a smile, even if you are with someone else.
- Maintain a clean, clutter-free space.
- Engage interested guests in conversations about your work.
- Keep good records!
- Have contact information handy for follow-up sales or questions, on business cards and your receipts.
- Wrap items, if necessary.
- Pay city and parish taxes using the forms provided at registration.
- Register with the state of Louisiana for a state tax ID number.
- You cannot bring a pop-up tent or canopy for the tables along Exhibitors’ Row.
- You can bring a free-standing umbrella as long as it doesn’t extend into the walkway.
- You cannot bring anything that pierces the ground.
- Wi-Fi is not guaranteed along Exhibitor’s Row, if you are using something like Square® for sales.
- We provide complimentary bottled water to exhibitors throughout the day.
- Be a good neighbor! Be mindful of your fellow exhibitors and do your best to keep your noise level - your own and that surrounding your space - reasonable.
Please contact our Exhibits Coordinator at email@example.com.