Author Registration and Escorts
Volunteers are needed to escort authors to panel discussions in the Louisiana State Capitol and throughout the festival footprint.
- Assisting with author check in and hospitality at the festival
- Escorting authors to their program, panel discussion and book signing location
- Serving as an assistant to the author by performing simple errands such as providing refreshments and assisting with book signing
Barnes & Noble Book Signing Tent
Volunteers are needed to assist authors in the book signing tent. Books by every featured author will be signed following authors presentations and available for purchase.
- Greeting visitors and authors
- Helping maintain traffic flow in the book signing tent
- Preparing and manage author signing areas
- Assisting with merchandise
- Standing for long periods of time
- Greeting attendees
- Selling beverages
- Managing supplies of ice, Coca-Cola products and cups
- Standing, bending, reaching and doing light lifting
Festival Information Booths & Guides
Louisiana Book Festival T-shirts, mugs and book bags will be available for purchase in the information booth.
- Welcoming guests to the festival
- Providing information, directions, maps and programs to attendees
- Answering festival-related questions
- Managing lost and found items
- Reporting emergency information or situations
Golf Cart Transportation
- Assisting with site set up and take down
- Assisting with transportation during the festival
- Transporting those with disabilities
- Delivering operational supplies (ice, programs, etc.)
- Assisting janitorial service with trash pick up and disposal
- Note: all golf cart drivers must be 21 or older with a valid drivers license
Room Monitors will be needed in the Louisiana State Capitol and the Capitol Park Museum.
- Preparing rooms before and after presentations
- Welcoming guests and introducing each scheduled program
- Taking attendance
- Monitoring late entrances, exits, door and hall noises
- Distributing and collecting evaluation forms and other materials at the end of each program
- Introducing storytellers
- Greeting guests and patrons
- Assisting storytellers
- Taking attendance for each performance
- Assisting with seating
- Monitoring programs and performances
- Distributing and collecting evaluation forms
Teen HQ is a space for teens featuring book-related activities. Located in the rear of the first floor of the State Library, Teen HQ will host a scavenger hunt, hourly raffles, trivia sessions and crafts.
- Assisting with crafts
- Handing out raffle tickets
- Helping with a scavenger hunt
- Helping out with trivia games
Young Readers' Pavilion
The Young Readers' Pavilion offers children's book-related activities, photo opportunities, costumed storybook characters, face painting, writing enrichment projects, storytelling performances and presentations.
- Assisting in preparing supplies for crafts
- Distributing craft materials to children
- Assisting children with crafts
- Keeping area clean and organized
- Assisting performers and storytellers
- Assisting with face painting (supplies will be provided)
Or... Surprise Me!
You will be plugged in where needed. Thank you for your flexibility!